Lavender Flavored French Macaron Recipe
Lavender Flavored French Macaron Recipe:
This distinctly unique Lavender flavored French Macaron recipe will sure be a hit with those with a savory palette. To make it, add a dash of purple or violet food coloring along with lavender flavoring to the mix, add water, mix and pipe and bake as usual. May substitute crushed dry edible lavender for lavender extract or use both if you prefer a more pronounced flavor.
- A Box of Angel Bake French Macaron Mix.
- Lavender Extract – 1/4 tsp.
- Violate food Coloring – 1/4 tsp.
- Watch related video here
- Prepare three baking trays lined with Silicon Mat (we don’t recommend parchment paper).
- Set oven to 280 ºF for convection bake settings or to 300 ºF for conventional bake.
- Add cocoa powder and 2 oz warm water (122 ºF) to Macaron mix. Mix at low speed for 1 minute, then medium speed for 3 minutes. If using electric hand mixer, whip the mixture in a deep bowl for 3.5 minutes using the slowest settings.
- Place a round pastry tip in a disposable pastry bag, cut the tip. Place it in a tall plastic jar or a glass, and fold over the edge. Pour batter into the pastry bag.
- Using guides on your silicon mat, pipe the batter in 1 – 1.25 inch circles. Tap each tray on a hard surface a few times to remove any air bubbles and flatten cookie surface. Cookies will expand to 1.75 inches when you tap the tray (they will fill the silicon mat guide when flattened).
- If oven is set to “bake”, let cookies rest for at least 15 minutes or until the surface is dry to touch. Bake for 15 minutes.
- If using “convection bake” settings, there is no need to dry the batter as the hot air movement created by the convection fan dries the surface very quickly before batter starts to rise. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While shells are baking, whip up the buttercream:
- Add 2 oz hot water (160 ºF- same temp as when making tea or coffee) to the mix.
- Whisk at high speed for 3-4 minutes until meringue is stiff.
- Add lavender extract and purple coloring.
- Gradually whip in 1.25 sticks of soft unsalted butter. Avoid using cold butter. Whip until the mixture is silky and smooth.
- Remove trays from oven. Let shells cool down completely before removing them from trays.
- Garnish with buttercream and assemble. Again, make sure shells are cool.