These meringue cookies will make any desert table just stunning. To make them….
- Add 1/2 cup hot water to a package of Angel Bake buttercream mix.
- Whip until Meringue is stiff.
- Separate into three or four equal parts.
- Add flavoring/extract, nuts, dried fruit bits, zest, food coloring of your choice. Fold until mix and color is incorporated to your liking.
- Scoop onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Use two spoons.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 mins and leave in the oven for 2 hours.
- Flavor ideas: lemon, orange, lavender, coffee, espresso, raspberry, Almond, chocolate, mint, various liquors.
- A note about surface cracking: Lower oven temperature resulsts in reduced cracking. Increase bake duration accordingly.