Peppermint French Macaron and Chocolate Ganache filling Recipe
To make this delightful and refreshing peppermint macarons simply add Peppermint extract along with a dash of green food coloring to your prepared meringue. Mix in almond flour, pipe and bake as usual.
Watch this video to learn more.
- A Box of Angel Bake French Macaron Mix.
- Peppermint Extract – 1/4 tsp.
- Green Food Coloring – 1/4 tsp.
- Prepare three baking trays lined with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Place the meringue mix (small pouch) in a grease free bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment.
- Add 3 oz. of room temperature water and whip on high speed for approximately 5-6 minutes or until meringue is firm (NOT stiff). Measure water precisely using a measuring cup or kitchen scale.
- Check meringue firmness at around 5 minutes. Whip longer if needed.
- Sift almond mixture to remove clumps.
- Add all at once to the meringue along with extract and food coloring.
- Mix on low speed using paddle attachment for 20 seconds. Use a timer.
- Use a flat spatula to make sure all the meringue at the bottom and sides of the bowl is fully incorporated.
- The batter should form a lava-like consistency and come off the paddle very slowly.
- Place a round pastry tip in a disposable pastry bag, cut the tip.
- Place it in a tall plastic jar or a glass, and fold over the edge. Pour batter into the pastry bag.
- Pipe the batter in 1 – 1.25 inch circles. Tap each tray on a hard surface a few times to remove any air bubbles and flatten cookie surface. Cookies will expand to 1.75 inches when you tap the tray (they will fill the Silpat guide when flattened).
- Preheat oven – set to bake at 300 ºF.
- Let cookies rest for at least 20 minutes to allow the surface to be dry to the touch. This will prevent cookies from cracking while baking.
- Bake at 300 ºF for 15 minutes. Make sure your oven has reached 300 ºF before baking.
- Let cookies cool down completely before removing them from trays.
- Garnish with buttercream and assemble.
- Note that smaller cookies will need less time to dry and bake. Conversely, larger cookies will require a little longer to dry and bake.
Chocolate Ganache Recipe:
- Dark chocolate – 5 oz. (150g)
- Heavy cream – 1/2 cup (110ml)
- Light corn syrup or honey – 2 Tablespoon (30ml)
- Unsalted butter, cubed and at room temp – 2 Tablespoon (30g)
- Melt chocolate over a water-bath and warm up heavy cream with corn syrup.
- Combine both mixtures and stir until completely smooth.
- Add the cubed butter and continue stirring until smooth.
- Chill ganache for 15-20 minutes in a refrigerator until ganache texture is similar to buttercream.
- Fill the macarons with ganache. Refrigerate for a day before serving.
Ganache can also be mixed with buttercream (2 parts buttercream to 1 part ganache).